F-Factor Diet with @tanyazuckerbrot
It’s not hard to see how passionate Tanya Zuckerbrot is about nutrition and science. The other night, after enjoying a fiber-filled dinner from Marinara Pizza, we listened to Tanya speak about the science and liberated approach of F-Factor. Here are some our favorite tips that she shared!
- Restaurants are over-serving us. The standard restaurant plate used to be 7-9 inches in diameter. Now, it’s 11-12 inches in diameter. The bigger plate, the more you feel visually full, the more you eat!
- When you go out to eat, eat half. Take the other half home. Bring it to work the next day for lunch. Share it with a friend!
- Even the cookbooks are causing us to gain weight. In the 1960s, a brownie recipe yielded 30 servings. In 2009, the same recipe was re-published, yielding 16 servings. This means twice the calories and twice the fat of the original.
- Carbs don’t make you fat. It’s the excess of carbs that are converted into fat. This is one of the most important parts of F-Factor.
- Increase your muscle mass. Beginning at age 30, we lose a half a pound of muscle mass per year. Start including everything from yoga to weight training to your routine.
- Fiber is the secret to eating carbs without gaining weight. Fiber will reduce inflammation, it will lower your risk for breast cancer and colon cancer, it will rev up your metabolism. Fiber is a zero-calorie, all-natural nutrient.