How to Move Mountains, Not be Stopped by Them with @paige_previvor
We were so excited to sit down with Paige More for a Perspective Series. Paige’s inspirational story is most familiar to a group of brave and inspirational women known as the “Breasties,” a group that Paige created for women and their families dealing with Breast Cancer. However, it became quickly evident that Paige’s powerful tools are applicable no matter what the circumstances. After all, we all experience challenges and face our own personal mountains.
Paige’s inspirational story began we she was tested for the BRCA gene and found out she was 50-65% more likely to develop breast cancer. She later made the decision to get a preventative double mastectomy.
“It was one of the most empowering decisions I’ve ever made, but also very scary and isolating at 24 to go through that and not really have anyone who could relate or understand what I was going through,” she told us.
She decided to share her story and experiences on Instagram and gained a cult following of supporters around the world!
Here are a few of her insights and inspirational tips for when life throws you a curveball.
1. Have an open mind. “Once you go through something…you sort of go through this rebirth…you sort of zigzag. And it’s what to do with that zigzag,” Paige said. “Everything that comes into our lives truly does happen for a purpose and it can lead to the best version of yourself.”
2. If you want something bad enough, you can make it happen. “All you have to do is do a little bit of research and reach out to the right person…I promise you it will lead you to amazing places.”
3. If fear gets in your way, channel your inner super hero. Have an alter ego. It helps erase self-doubt and second-guessing. If it works for Beyonce…
4. Believe in yourself enough to take a leap. “When you commit to something, give 100% of yourself to that,” Paige said.
5. Form a community. Cheer each other on: “The only way we are able to rise is by banding together."