HelloWellness x @ChinaeAlexander: a series | NYC June 12, July 17, August 7
Former Texan-turned-New Yorker, Chinae Alexander is an entrepreneur, lifestyle personality, writer, speaker, and wellness expert based in Brooklyn, New York. Her message is to empower people to be better through positive thinking, active change, self-love. In addition to talking about her deep inner dislike of kale publicly in front of thousands on the internet, Chinae has a YouTube channel, is in the first stages of her first book, and just launched your soon-to-be favorite podcast, Press Send. Chinae was named Adidas's global brand ambassador for 2016 through 2018, and was recently featured exuding and inspiring confidence in Women's Health Magazine and the Today Show. In addition to partnering with leading brands such as Elizabeth Arden, Hyatt Hotel Group, Sephora, Fossil and Dove, Chinae recently held a principal role in a TV and Digital ad for well known haircare brand, Pantene.
Join us for an intimate evening with Chinae. We'll sample some of our favorite brands in wellness, and every attendee will leave with a swag bag filled with our favorite food & wellness products.
General Admission tickets are available for each separate event. Please note the date for each lecture. VIP tickets are available for those interested in attending all three (3) events.
WHEN: 7:00-9:00pm ESTWHERE:
New York, NY 10016
- June 12: The Privilege of Wellness
- Featuring a Special Guest
- Discussion will revolve around accessibility and inclusion when it comes to popular wellness trends. We'll dive into how the wellness world has historically been exclusive, how that exclusivity has played out for Chinae, and how to open the wellness world up to people of varying income levels, genders, physical abilities, colors, sizes, etc.
- July 17: Financial Wellness
- Featuring Shannon McLay, the founder and CEO of The Financial Gym
- Chinae will interview Shannon about taking control of your finances, how to be confident and open about money as women, financial empathy toward people of varying means, and how financial stress can affect overall health and wellness. We'll then take questions from the audience for Shannon, and do a small group activity based upon a worksheet from The Financial Gym.
- August 7: Sex, Sleep & CBD
- Featuring Cara Kovacs, a NYC-based Sex, Love & Relationship Coach
- We'll discuss how wellness pertains to nighttime activities: sex and sleep. Chinae will interview Cara about sex and sex therapy, how to have healthy sex, and how sex life and wellness are intertwined. We'll also learn how CBD can be utilized in both sex and sleep.
HelloWellness hosts monthly events fostering in-person connections among like-minded individuals in the health & wellness space. Our mission is to connect you with new friends with similar interests while introducing you to your favorite influencers and discovering the best brands in the space!
What is the Cancellation Policy?
We will provide a full refund up to 24 hours in advance of the event. Within 24 hours, we will credit your account which can be used towards payment for a future event.
I don’t know anyone, can I come alone?
Yes, absolutely! We hope you are never deterred by not having a friend to accompany you. The purpose of these events is to meet like-minded people, and we will kick off every event with a mini icebreaker game to make sure you know at least one friendly face in the crowd.
What time will the event actually start?
We will open the doors promptly at the time the event is called for. If arriving early - we appreciate punctuality - we may ask you to hang tight while we finish setting up the beautiful event space!
I’m held up with another obligation and running late, is that ok?
Yes, feel free to come at any time, and we will ensure there is still a swag bag for you. If you’re running late, we cannot guarantee that all of the on-site brands will have samples and food left, however. People get hungry -- what can we say!
What’s in the swag bag?
Telling you would ruin the surprise! But we like to vary it every time to ensure that you’re getting access to the best products in the wellness space and helping you discover new brands we think you’ll love!
I have an allergy, can I be accommodated?
We always make an effort to accommodate as many allergies as possible, and list all allergies that are “safe” in the food at the event. However, if you’re concerned feel free to email us at email@example.com.